Tuesday, December 2, 2008

I Wanna Talk About Me

I always wanna talk about me.

What's going on in my life. What I wanna do. Who I wanna be. The pain that I'm in. The decisions that I'm making. How great my day has been.

Today I'm trying to take the focus off of me and just be thankful for life.

There's so many people around the world who can't just live life.
Can't do what they want to do.
Be who they want to be.
Can't escape the pain they're in.
Have their decisions made for them
and are happy to just have lived through their day.

I have the freedom to do what I want to do and be who I want to be. So I have alot to be thankful for.

2 comments:

Ross Wiseman said...

great post. this makes me think of a series i'm working on called..."me first"

don't feel too bad steph. we are all like this. the human condition is self concerned to the core.

Christ deliver us from self.

justin said...

i love to get people talking about themselves because i dont have to make conversation. im kind of shy, so this is my tactic a lot of the time. maybe one day i wont be so selfish.