Monday, November 3, 2008

I wanna numba 3. supa size. onion rangs...

With so many crazy things going on, it's nice to actually just sit in the quiet for a second. I don't normally like the quiet. I'd much rather be running around. Loud sounds. Lots of voices. Constant interaction. I really enjoy being around people and being in the middle of things.

Maybe it's the middle child syndrome. Always gotta be in the middle.
(except on long plane rides and outdoor concerts)

In light of all the drama and excitement that has seemed to envelop my life the past few day, I am happy. Very emotional. Lots of sadness, laughter, encouragement, pain, happiness, weariness, joy, surrender (and i wonder why I'm enjoying being alone for a little bit...). So many things taking place right now...but I've decided that I'm about to step it up a notch. Things in my life are about to go to a new level. I'm been doing to many things half heartedly. So, if you are involved in any of these areas of my life, feel free to question me and smack me upside the head if I'm slacking.

  • Classes- My studies are about to get alot more intense. I've been just getting by, I'm about to blow them out of the water these last few weeks!
  • Work-I always work pretty hard, but want to be more aware of how a treat people. I want to smile more when I help students. Cause I really am having a good time.
  • Church-
    • Momentum Students-I want to rev up the activities. I've been doing the activities for a while, but I want to take that to a new level as well. More heart into it...not just what the kids might enjoy with the least effort from me. I want them to have a good time with God and each other
    • Jumpstart-I've started doing worship on Sunday mornings which I LOVE!! I've been working on finding some new stuff, but I want to put even more effort into it. I don't want it to ever become a last-minute-saturday-night thing!!
  • My Work Out- I want to start working out more consistently. I'm a bad about being a one-week-on, one-week-off type of gal. I watch how nutritional my diet is, but i want to be more consistent with that too. Got to keep my temple presentable!
    (ha ha...rhymes.)
  • My Peeps-I want to start embracing my relationships more. I have some awesome people in my life and I want to spend more quality time with all of them. I want them to know that I care about them and that I am here for them 100% of the time. Winter, spring, summer or fall. All they need to do is call. I want them to know that without a doubt
Also, I'm working on being more like my mom. She is the person I look up to most. You know how when you're a kid and you want to be like your mom (or dad) because you think they're the best thing in the whole world? Well....I still feel that way, cause she's the best thing in the whole world. So pray that while I'm living each day to be more like Christ that I become more like my mom too. I need to be a whole lot more like both of them!

This is all just a heads up cause Stephanie 2.0 is being installed.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

ok, first thing you need to do is come home and help me get out of the house, cause you have made my head swell so much, I can't get through the door...and it's Journey Group night. You KNOW how I feel about my Journey Group...

I love you, dear!!!