Monday, November 17, 2008

Monday, Monday. So good to me.

Happy Birthday to Mi Madre!!


I love my mom more than anything in this world! She has taught me so much. I'll never be able to tell her or anyone else how awesome she really is. I am so lucky that God has put me in her care. I hate to think of how I might have turned out without her to guide me. I know I say it alot, but it's still as true as ever, she is everything I hope/pray to be one day.


I was recalling a phrase that I use to hear ALOT growing up. While arguing, complaining, tattling. whining, etc. I would use the phrase, "I'm just saying....". Most of the time I wouldn't get the entire phrase out of my mouth before my mom said, "Well don't 'just say'".


Now I don't know if mom meant for me to comprehend that phrase to mean more than just 'stop whining', but as I've grown I've started to realize how important it is to not 'just say'. I say alot of things. I can say, "Happy Birthday, Mom", but if I don't do anything special for her today, how will she know how much I really mean that? I can say to someone, "Hey, God loves you.", but if I am never the embodiment of Christ's love, how much substance do my words hold? They may accept it, but how much more will it mean if it's evident in my actions?


I can say, "I love God", I can say, "I want to do missions work". I can say, "I want to change the world", but if I don't get out there and DO something, what I SAY counts for nothing.

Thanks for teaching me so much, Mom! I hope you've had a good birthday. You deserve it!! I hope you've read all day and drank all the coffee that you could!! I love you!

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Thank you, dear! You give me way too much credit and make me look way too good!

I have had a great day, coffee, reading, rare steak. Can it get any better than this?
I submit that it cannot!

I love you!!