Friday, November 7, 2008

My thoughts between prerequisite overrides.

I'm not good with big words. though I can spell antidisestablishmentarianism without looking at the dictionary. [thanks Mrs Whitaker.] Other than that, I don't think my diction is anything to write home about. But it got me ta thinkin': Do the words that I choose help or hinder me? Does the way that I present my ideas and belief influence other peoples views about what I say?

Decision: I think it does. I don't think we should go around talking like uneducated people because that's not a good representation of who Christ is, but a lot of times we can get caught up in making things sound good.

All in all: I think we'd get a whole lot more done as Christians if we started caring less about how good what we're saying sounds and start caring more about the truth. Yeah, people might respect what you have to say if you use big words, but is our pretty lingo getting in the way of what God has to say to people? Are we too worried about making Christianity sound appealing that we don't fear God? hmmmmm.....

My opinion: I think we'd get a whole lost more done if we started preaching more from our bibles and less from our dictionaries

But that's just me...

1 comment:

Eric said...

DANG! Just punch me in the nose next time. Deep. Thanks!