Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Barely Out of Tuesday

I don't have anything to offer

I am not a profound thinker
I cannot play an instrument
I am not good with words
I do not have money to give
I do not have wisdom to impart
nor resources to pull from
I cannot preach
I do not sing


What I do have is love.
A love for God, a love for His people and a love for His work.
He gave me a body and I'll do my best to wear it out before life wears me out.

Maybe it has something to do with playing sports growing up. "Give all you've got", "Leave everything all the field". If I don't leave church tired, I still feel like I've got more to do. If I haven't given God and His people my everything, then I have not done my part. Because my part is filling in the gaps...

Somewhere there is someone who needs help tearing down a puppet stage, picking up the leftover bulletins, putting away mic cords, cleaning up their Sunday school room, locking up so they can go home..etc. I want to help do these things. I have not been given gifts that allow me to minister in front of people, but what I have been given is the awareness of the people around me and the desire to work with and for them. To help out how I can.

Many people will go through life thinking they can't do anything (or refusing to do anything) because they cannot minister in front of people, but God has given me eyes to see beyond that mindset...and that is a gift in itself.

Honestly, I am glad God hasn't given me a gift that puts me in front of people. I feed way too much off of people's praise. Not being talented keeps me humble. Plus, loving people is just as much a gift as any....at least it is with the people I'm around.

This is the gift that He's given me.
Love.
The love that He shows me and the desire to show love to others.

3 comments:

Eric said...

wow wow wow wow wow wow. did I mention wow? that just blew my mind. thank you. and you are more talented that you know. your impact that you are making is HUGE and is going be global soon. thanks for helping change my life and the world as we know it.

Barbara said...

I think you can be the poster child for cloning : )

Josh Brown said...

You're a clone? That explains a lot about the Graves.