Thursday, February 19, 2009

Who I am Hates Who I've Been

Check out David:

"Judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness
and according to the integrity that is in me. "

Holy moley. That is a big statement. Many times I tend to skim over words like 'righteousness' because I've heard them so many times. Today it stopped me and all I could think was 'dang'. What if I could speak that over my own life? I wish I could pray like that.

Alot of times I think that I am right... it's that "eous" that gets me in trouble. While I may be right in comparision to some other folks, I fail on the righteous end. I don't even want to start on integrity. Too many times I base my integrity off how much better my standards are than those around me, when I should be comparing it to God's standard for my life.

I cannot wait till I can pray Davids prayer
When my heart is pure and my intentions focused on Him
When I come to measure my integrity by the incorruptablilty of my own heart
And when I'm less concerned about being right and more concerned about being righteous


Props David. You had alot of guts.

No comments: