Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Bad Days?

Bare with me while I try to be deep for a second. Going into Socrates mode: Envy is the ulcer of the soul.

(as is ECON and filing pointless paperwork.)

Speaking of filing. Did you know R, S and T are the letters most often picked in Wheel of Fortune AND the most common first letter of students last names. And I got them ALL. How does one acquire such luck?

(Back to my attempt at philosophy.)

Maybe we're all suppose to have bad days. We're suppose to have hard days so that we don't take for granted the good ones. So that we recognize what we have and will always be thankful for how great and wonderful and marvelous life is......

(Fail.)

Sometimes days just suck. Yeah we can try to draw all sorts of philosophical reasons for why we have bad days and what good can come from it. And sometimes times its true, but sometimes stuff just goes wrong. Things just don't go how we planned. I didn't have any life changing realizations about my sins and transgressions yesterday. My plans changed and it threw me off. My bad days are not always a result of God trying to smite me. Sometimes it's just because of my own bad planning and/or decisions. [ WHOA.....it could be MY fault? What a concept! I could get good at this philosophy thing.]

All in all, sometimes things happen in this life that just stink. Gods not always trying to smite us. He's got everything under His control, but lets try not to blame Him for the stock market crash, high gas prices, unexpected ECON exams and poor public schooling systems.

(My opinion...but what do I know?)



I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance.
-Socrates



1 comment:

Joseph and Stacie said...

once i was mad at god and he spoke to me saying "a lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine."

then i realized that it wasn't god speaking to me. It was my boss speaking to a coworker during an "epic fail"

hahaha.

but i thought it was funny...and it kind of relates. are you're smart. :)