Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Homeless

Maybe some of us are called to be homeless. Called to have places we call home, but never feel comfortable in a single location. Lately I’ve been starting to feel like that is what God has started putting in my life.

I get comfortable and attached to people quickly, uneasy when I am out touch and out of reach of the people I love, but over the past 6 months I’ve begun to feel the need to be in different places. I don’t feel like I have a home. I have people who love me and places that I like to be, but not one place that I can sit down and say “I’m home”.

I’m starting to believe that God’s put that in me to keep me moving. To keep me from getting stagnant and content in my comfortable places… so that when I’m finally in the career that I want doing missions work, being so away from home will not be an issue like it has been in the past.

Maybe I’m not supposed to be happy in one place. Maybe I’m supposed to be happy in a lot of different places. I’m starting to find that where I assign the word home is depending less on a positional building and more on the individuals that I am with. For example: Anywhere my mom is, I am home. Being at home is more about the feeling I get by being with others, than the physical room I am in.

For God, I’d be glad to be homeless.

It does kind of suck some days though

1 comment:

Eric said...

wow. I have never been able to put it in words. thanks. and who does not think you are awesome?