Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Grrrr......

You know what really grinds my gears? burns my bagel? ticks me off?

Injustice.

Injustice is the rock in my shoe. The shampoo in my eye. The telemarketer that calls during my dinner.

Injustice angers me. The idea that people are being treated wrong at no fault of their own. The idea that "bad things happen to good people". The idea that individuals are treated badly because they are outnumbered or held down by someone bigger. How thousands of people starve to death not because they spend their grocery money on lotto tickets, but because of where they were born!? How 4 children die from child abuse everyday in America alone?! A lot of times I feel like if I could just have my way in peoples situations everything would be better. I don't understand how God tolerates injustice.

But I also don't understand the idea of real justice. I'm stuck in a body that is ready to battle for justice on the behalf of some and injustice others. I want food for the innocent who are starving(justice) and grace given to my family member who live blatantly against Gods commandments(injustice). I want justice for those who have harmed others, but if I ever saw the guys who beat up my brother, I don't know what I would do. (I like to say that I told them that I forgive them and that Christ loves them. But, if I was able, I might beat them half to death to see how they liked it. )

I want justice when it helps others and injustice when its convenient for me. How backwards is that? I want grace and mercy when I fail, but I'm ready to bust a cap into 4 kids who got drunk and beat a guy up. I'll never be able to get it right, but we'll answer to God eventually. I am really trying to hold onto that right now.

1 comment:

Eric said...

I love your passion! It is contagious and it will change the world!