Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Hi. My name's Stephanie and I'm a Jehovaholic.

I realized this morning that I never explained the reason for my blogging title. All of my blogging buddies seem to have explained their decided names in their first blog, but I did not. What can I say, I'm a rebel...

(rebelling to remember)

The title from my blog stemmed from two thoughts. Cause everything's better in a numbered list.

1. I desire addiction. I want to love/care/be intriged by/go deeper in/be captivated by/crave something. I want something to so consume my life that it can't help but radiate from me. I know that seems reverse to the negative connotation that we normally apply to "addictions". Drugs, alcohol, sex....these are what we think of as "addictions". But I don't want my addiction to be something I'm ashamed of. I want to want it. I need to need it. I want to be dependent on it. I desire to be addicted to the One worthy of my dependence.

2. I want to portray something that others desire. I want others to see a fulfillment in my addiction when their addictions fail them. Unlike most addictions that bind and enslave, I want them to see how addictive my passion is and yet, so freeing. I want a passion for Christ to be their desired addiction.

So yeah, that's how I got here. Plus, I couldn't think of anything as cool as Stacie's....

She's a wanderer, she wanders around and around and around and around...

No comments: