Sunday, July 19, 2009

Amazing weekend. They told us we were going to the beach house that is owned by the same people as the Hostal we're staying at. If you compare the pictures of the Hostal that are in the brocher to the actual place, it screams false advertising (not that I'm complaining. I had been preparing myself for this trip thinking I'd sleep on a dirt floor, but We have internet and indoor plumbimg..so no complaints here.) That being said, we were sure this "beach house" was going to be a little different than the pictures. But when we got here Friday night we were all amazed. "On the beach" actually meant "On the beach". The water is 6 steps from the back porch and the pool was cleaner than any condo I've stayed at. The inside was completely open so the sound of the waves was constant. I won't know what to think when we leave and I don't hear waves crashing anymore.

It was so nice to just chill and relax. Spent a good amount of time in the sun. Gunna have the most ridiculous tan line. One of the few things I'm excited to get back to the states for (beside the people and the sweet tea) is to even out these tan lines. The quiet time out here was amazing. I listened to alot of music, did alot of reading, alot of sleeping and alot of praying. I caught up on alot of my podcast. I had 22 podcast waiting to be listened to, so it was good to get that number down. We leave here after lunch to head back to Perulapia. We're doing service at the church that we worked with last week.

This next week is going to be insane. We went over the schedule for the week last night and its going to be PACKED! I think it's going to be a great way to end out our full weeks of ministry. If it doesn't kill us, that is. It's a good thing that we're going to be coming off such a relaxing weekend.

No comments: