Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mucha humildad

Such an amazing day. Everyday I'm here life seems to find a new way to humble me.

I've completely given up on make up while I'm in El Salvador. Its just pointless. I was complaining to the other girls this morning about how much I hate not looking good and then I remembered the niƱos in El Sartin we've been working with. They can't afford toothbrushes and toothpaste, but I'll complain that my mascara runs from the heat.

(Thanks, God. Heard ya!)

This morning when we got to El Sartin, the community we've been working in this week, they were already crowded around the building. We talked yesterday about how God cared about our physical health so today we had a bag for each youngin' that had a toothbrush, toothpaste and soap in it.


This is me and some of this kids with their new toothbrushes! And they don't even care that I'm not wearing make up!

This is one of my favorite picture from my trip so far. This is Gabriel. He's my buddy and practically attached to my hip the entire time we're in El Sartin.

(While I was typing this blog the nicest El Salvadorian man, that works here at Hostal de Pordada, brought me what is, without a doubt, the best cup of coffee I've had in my entire life. I'll never drink Starbucks again and be truly satisfied.)

2 comments:

Eric said...

So proud of you! Love what God is using you to do there. Praying for you. Love you and miss you.

Barbara said...

Ditto Eric.....