Tuesday, July 21, 2009

This week started off great. First day in the new community yesterday. It looks to be an awesome week. The churches in the community are wonderful and their pastors have been extremely helpful and active in what we're doing.

The doctor comes back to see me this evening before the team gets back, so I'm stuck at the Hostel today. I can't see the team from where I am today, but my heart and my prayers are with them. I'm trying not to throw myself a pity party. I just hate not being there.

A few random pictures:


The United States embassy. I think it might be bigger than some cities that we've been in.

The "Hanky Pank" game. Note to self: never start a game that you don't intend to play between 600 and 700 more times. I loved every minute of it though.

This is Estephanie. Yeah, we have the same name. She was really quiet, I don't remember ever hearing her make a noise during our time there. We were all sitting around playing when she decided to crawl up in my lap. It took me a while before I realized she was asleep because she was so quiet. I stole this picture from Niki's facebook.

"The Chair" skit. Levi comes in and gets stuck to the chair (aka:sin) and we all come in after him and get stuck too. If you'll notice the red piece of plastic beside us...that's one of the chair legs. We broke the chair 2 sinners into the skit. My knee is supporting the back right corner where the leg should be. We laughed pretty hard.

Me and one of this kids chillin after lunch. I think we were jammin to Matt Wertz.

On our trek through the jungle to get to where the churches garden will be. Long, long, long trek.



The church we were working with in Perulapia.


The beach where we were staying.

Me doing some reflecting.
(Wow. Does that sound like something mom would say or what?)

Hope yall've enjoyed the catch up. I know it kept me occupied. I think I might go out of my mind before this day is over.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Thanks for giving me credit for the cheesy remark! Though, I have to admit, I probably would have said it if you didn't.... Love you!