Friday, July 10, 2009

We're about to head out for our last day in El Sartin. I've gotten attached here a lot faster than I thought I would.
The school we were at. They were out of school because of the swine flu most days this week, but we did get to work a few days with them there.

Kayla is going to kill be by the end of this trip.

Us helping get the corn ready for tamales.

The end of THE LONGEST DAY OF MY LIFE!! Soooooooooo tired, but it was a great day.

Back in San Salvador.

Such awesome stuff has been happening. When we first got to El Sartin the adults were skeptical of us being here. But by the end of the day yesterday most all the adults were very receptive to us being in the community. You can see it in their faces and the way they speak to us (even though I don't understand a majority of what they're saying). I'm excited to get this day started.

1 comment:

Cait said...

I am so Excited for you Steph. You seem to be having so much fun! I'm praying for you and thinking of you. Be safe!
-Cait